Backend creators mostly deal with all the changes taking place on the server-side. It’s a term used as a reference for all actions occurring behind the scenes in a website. Before you comprehend how to hire a backend developer, the first thing you ought to do is take time to read about backend development.
Many actions occur behind the scenes, which the users don’t get to see. For example, they can include purchasing groceries online or logging into your social media accounts.
Programmers focusing on this type of coding often have to work on website architecture, scripting, and databanks. The code they write makes it possible for the browser to access the information stored in the databases.
What’s Their Role?
As mentioned above, the backend section is the part of coding that a user never gets to interrelate with or even see. However, it’s a part that is ever running and whose job is to deliver functionality and guarantee a desktop-like involvement for the consumer.
Depending on the backend freelance developer’s approach, the section can either be a combination of software written using a server-side language and a database; or a hybrid of the two. Once the coding process is complete, the language is run on cloud-based and web-based servers.
To facilitate communication between the database, application, and the server, the programmer can use several languages when creating the applications. They include:
The languages mentioned above are used with many tools to find, store, or alter data. Commonly used tools include:
- SQL Server
Technological Know-How and Skills Needed By these Programmers
By now, you already know that the rates charged by a freelancer are bound to change depending on their skillset. Before a freelancer can settle on their backend developer hourly rate, they will need to possess a particular skill set and technological expertise.
Some of the central technologies and skills they ought to possess will include:
- Prior experience with version control
- Proficiency on least one or two backend programming languages, including the frameworks commonly used in the corporate world
- Familiarity with security compliance and accessibility
- An ability to manage different hosting environments, including proficiency in scaling applications to handle load changes and administering databases.
Typical Workplace of a Backend Freelance Developer
In researching how to hire a backend developer, you will need to get a glimpse of their typical workplace looks. Often, their work requires them to work long hours to understand each particular project’s goals.
Today, web programmers can be found in almost all types of workplaces. Some choose to work as freelancers while others are employed as full-time employees in small and medium-sized companies and large multinational corporations.
Regardless of where they work, they all have responsibilities that they need to fulfill. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing information storage solutions
- Using server-side logic to implement the solutions that have been designed and developed by their frontend counterparts.
- Implementing data protection and security solutions
- Optimizing the completed applications for scalability and maximum speed
- Creating reusable libraries and reusable code for use in the future
Why Do You Need to Hire a Web programmer?
Apart from understanding the rationale employed when coming up with the backend developer hourly rate, you need to know why you need to hire this professional. The main reason to hire them is that a well-executed backend is vital to creating an app or a site.
If you are interested in developing, this is a position you will not want to skimp on. By hiring this developer, you can rest assured that the site or application will be fully customized and in a position to meet and fulfill all the needs your users may have.
As mentioned elsewhere in this article, the developer’s primary role is to understand your website’s goal and ensure its logic is organized correctly. They also need to confirm that the logic translates as expected across multiple gadgets when accessing the site.
Where to Hire the Best Developers
Once you have understood everything that’s expected of the developers, including the skills to consider, you now need to begin looking for the best of the best. But where do you start, more so when hiring for the first time?
Some of the top platforms used to hire freelancers include:
- AngelList: It’s a popular web-based platform commonly used by startup companies in search of talent. For a client to hire a freelancer, they need to create a company profile, enter a job description, and submit it. All that’s left is for them to wait for the applicants to send their applications.
- 24Task: The site is popular among clients interested in hiring specialists. They have made a name for themselves for always being able to find the right fit for any project. Any backend specialist looking to work on the platform has to go through a rigorous vetting process.
- WP Hired: WP Hired is a platform used to host tens of thousands of development jobs related to the WordPress platform. If looking for specialists who have specialized in PERL and PHP, this is where you need to be looking.
- Upwork: It is by far the biggest freelancing platform in use today. It has millions of specialists and is ideal for companies looking to hire freelancers for short-term projects. The downside is that there are too many tech specialists resulting in high competition among the freelancers.
It’s impossible to undertake a web development project without the freelance backend developers’ input. Their work ensures the databases are working correctly as the frontend developer relies on CSS and HTML to create its design.
If you’re still wondering how to hire a backend developer, 24Task got your back. While searching for a qualified developer is likely to prove challenging and exhausting, knowing where to look can significantly reduce the time taken to find one. 24Task is always ready to help you search for the best freelance backend developer for your project.
Kunal Vaghasiya is the writing adviser for International students that seek rapid paper assistance. Kunal shares helpful suggestions on writing, productivity, study, references. Occasionally Kunal goes off-topic by discussing his personal experience peppered with playful humor.